Sunday, March 11, 2012

{Vintage Desk}

I got this beauty off Craigslist and dragged my friend Jenny along for the pick-up.  We met the owner at a storage unit and he didn't share my zeal of stuffing the desk in my trunk.  We ended up driving home (with the desk successfully stuffed in my trunk!) with... the trunk open.  On the freeway.  With our two little guys in the backseat.  Whatever works, right?

Anyway, here's the before.  It was the man's childhood desk from the 60's.

It had been in his childhood home and when they moved it to the storage unit, it suffered some damage.  Although that's great for me, since I got it discounted and Mike can fix anything!

So after some wood glue, clamps, paint, and hardware (whew!), here she is after:

Gorgeous, right?!

It has two cutie pie little drawers on top and two wide ones below.  They all got some pretty glass knobs that are like furniture candy!

Lining with fabric is so easy.  I just measured and cut and then adhered it with spray adhesive.

I really love this one!
Update: Sold!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Don't you just love fixer-uppers? Craigslist is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! What a find. White paint and voila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i love the new knobs and love that little owl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. I love the clean, crisp lines of this. Love your blog!

    Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it sold super quick! It's so beautiful! This project would be perfect for our linky party featuring "Transformations" called Repurpose-Remodel-Reveal, I know our readers would love to see it too! (It starts tomorrow- Friday, March 16th 2012 at 7:00 am and reoccures every 1st and 3rd Friday)

    -Whitney @ TheRoosterAndTheHen

    ReplyDelete