Sunday, April 8, 2012

{Don Draper: After}

Remember this guy we bought last week?
Gorgeous.
But, I wanted to make him pop a little more, soooo...

Mike worked his magic and here's Don now:
(Oh gosh, please excuse the cords underneath.  I will figure out a solution to that!) 

Harware was polished and the frame was painted white.

Dining room lamps migrated to join Don.

And, I love it.
So much so that I don't know if I can list it or sell it.  Mike wants to keep it.  It really is stunning.

And I know that all bloggers say to not photograph at night because the pictures aren't as great.  But, those bloggers must not have a baby and a preschooler.  Night it my "me" time and also when I get things done.  With that said, I do want to photograph Don in the morning.  I don't know if these pictures do him justice!

SOLD

Linking up to c.r.a.f.t. and Boogieboard Cottage and Keeping it Simple and Everything Under the Moon and Mod Vintage Life and Coastal Charm and Kammy's Korner, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Primitive and Proper, Very Merry Vintage Style, primp, Domestically Speaking, Restore Interiors, Miss Mustard Seed

16 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful! We just redid a similar piece. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mid-century modern piece. Love it. Coming over from Nifty Thrifty Tuesday. Now following your lovely blog. If you get a chance, I would love for you to visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! It looked good when you bought it, but you made it look GREAT! Very nicely done. Stopping by from Tuesday's Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don would be proud to own this, and so would Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! You have a lovely blog. I am visiting you via Tuesday Treasures. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a dresser that is in a similar state. White frame and drawers untouched. It's like that because I wasn't finished when a new project came in and all the drawers got put back without paint... However, seeing your sleek and chic Don here... I may not paint the drawers after all!! I love this piece and I can see why you are torn to sell it. Absolutely a statement all by itself! Love it :)

    XOXO,
    Rachel @ ThriftyInspirations.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dresser is lovely, you should definitely keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Love how you made the hardware shine again. Keep it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. Mid-Century furniture is my not so secret love. We like to keep things for a while and then sell them as we find new treasures to adore! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't know why i can't ever find something like this. i am super jealous. it looks fab before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so in love with this piece! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh i love that! the paint and wood is killer together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I featured this today on Mod Mix Monday! I love it soooo much!
    http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/2012/04/mod-mix-monday-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I have a similar console but mine is not vintage. The way you refinished it was genius! Newest follower. Found you via Nita.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this a million times. In fact I've featured it in two of my posts and because I love it and your blog so much I wanted to give you the Versatile Blogger Award!!
    Check out my site for more info!
    XOXO,
    Rachel @ Thrifty Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I featured this in a two-toned furniture inspiration round-up today! http://diyonthecheap.blogspot.com/2012/08/two-toned-furniture-inspiration.html

    -Erin @ DIY On the Cheap

    ReplyDelete