Tuesday, March 13, 2012

{Ombre}

I acquired this five drawer dresser and immediately knew what I wanted to do with it.


We headed to Home Depot and I picked a paint chip in varying shades of gray.

You can get the little sample pots of Behr paint for about $3, so we requested a pot of each shade on the chip.


The chip had four shades so each drawer got a couple of coats.  Mike did the top drawer white, as well as the dresser's structure.


It's found a {temporary} home in Grayson's room but will hopefully find a permanent home soon.


I think the ombre look is so fun!

SOLD

Linking up at A Bowl Full of Lemons and Primitive and Proper and Domestically Speaking and Primp and Happy Happy Home and House of Hepworths and Saved by Suzy and Miss Mustard Seed

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving this trend right now too. Someone will be very lucky to end up with your dresser beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I shouldn't have painted it to match the nursery, since I think I've fallen in love with it. Ha!

      Delete
  2. It looks so good in Grayson's room!! I think you should keep it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, It looks super cute in his room. Plus I'm sure it holds a ton of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the masculine look to this one! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that piece is perfect for ombre. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is pretty too! What great color choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. It looks so fantastic. The colors are great. I def need to pin this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dresser turned out great! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ombre dresser and i think it looks perfect in your son's room! Thanks for linking to my party.

    ReplyDelete